Individual Anger Management
This Individual Anger Management online training course is designed to describe the essentials of managing anger in an appropriate and constructive manner. This course was designed specifically for the work environment, but the core elements of this training can be applied when you are at home or on the road.
This Individual Anger Management online training course is designed to describe the essentials of managing anger in an appropriate and constructive manner. This course was designed specifically for the work environment, but the core elements of this training can be applied when you are at home or on the road. The constant pressures and stresses of modern life have resulted in a growing realization that anger control methods should be taught. Rage and violence in the workplace are no longer rare occurrences. While anger is a normal human emotion, the prevalence of toxic anger is dangerous to us all. This course teaches us how to effectively manage anger in all its forms.
OSHA reports that nearly 2 million American workers are victims of workplace violence each year. Another study reported that one-fourth of people at work experience chronic anger. Clearly, anger management has become important training for all supervisory employees. While the emotion of anger is instinctive, the expression of anger is learned. Anything that is learned can be re-learned; inappropriate learning can be remedied. This means there is no excuse for anger to become destructive or uncontrollable.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Individual Anger Management course, the user will learn to:
- Define anger and understand why it is important.
- Understand the difference between appropriate and inappropriate anger.
- Identify the various responses to anger.
- Differentiate between emotions and the expression of emotions.
- Recognize when anger becomes a problem.
- Understand the relationship between anger and insecurity.
- Understand how to stop the pain and relieve the discomfort of anger.
- Channel anger into positive energy.
This online Individual Anger Management course is made up of the following sections:
- Defining Anger
- Inappropriate and Appropriate Anger
- Responses to Anger
- Emotions Versus Their Expression
- When Anger is a Problem
- Anger and Insecurity
- Anger Management Techniques
- Changing Anger into Energy
This Individual Anger Management online training course was designed for employees and supervisors.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.