Hiring, Managing and Terminating [Canada]
This Hiring, Managing and Terminating online training course is designed for business owners and human resources professionals. This course discusses the importance of hiring the best people for your business and how to manage them well to get the most out of them. It also provides an overview of federal, provincial and territorial legislation covering hiring, employment, and termination.
This Hiring, Managing and Terminating online training course explores the hiring, managing and terminating processes.
Human resources are the most valuable asset in any business. As a business owner, you want to hire the best people for your business, and you want to manage them well. You must also ensure that you obey federal, provincial and territorial legislation covering hiring, employment, and termination.
In this course, we will discuss how to conduct interviews, perform reference checks, provide information to new employees, conduct performance reviews, and terminate employees.
Course Learning Objectives:
On completion of this Hiring, Managing and Terminating course, the user will:
- Identify the steps required for a fair and informative interview process.
- Recognize questions that can and cannot be asked during a job interview.
- State the purpose of reference checks.
- Review information that should be given to new employees.
- State why it is important for small companies to conduct regular performance reviews.
- Outline the process for conducting a performance review.
- Specify the conditions under which an employee may be terminated.
This online Hiring, Managing and Terminating course is made up of the following sections:
- Reference Checks
- Performance Reviews
This Hiring, Managing and Terminating online training course was designed for business owners and human resources professionals.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.